So, apparently the hotel we are staying at, Mlýn Brejlov along the river Zasáva, has internet, I just found out...this is going to be short again since I am about to go to bed, as it's around 2 AM.
Athena, the other girl from the US, and I on the flight from Zurich to Prague:
On Friday after the rest of the AFSers arrived we took an hour-long bus ride to the hotel.
Sooo cute--taken from the internet.
We did some group stuff (I can't remember) and went to bed. There are around 60 or so total exchanging to CZE via AFS, but 20 will not come until mid-September (Thailand, Russia, Ukraine, Hong Kong, a couple other countries). Here now are represented the US, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Turkey, Hong Kong, and Japan. Saturday we woke up, talked about exchange, sort of the usual what-to-expect and such, ate our first überCzech meal: knedlo-vepřo-zelo (dumplings, pork, sauer kraut). Their dumplings here are less heavy, more spongy and are sliced, like bread. It looks like this, except ours was with red cabbage and the knedliky were white:
Next we talked some more, and then had a country-by-country talent show. Athena and I did the cup game, you know where you tap and move around the cup making a rhythm and then exchange it at the end. With red Solo cups from America, of course. We then took a night walk through the woods, came back, wrote letters to ourselves, and chilled and talked with everyone for a while. The weekend has been your typical camp, so there's not a whole lot to say about it of interest to you. There are more photos, but they weren't taken on my camera so as soon as I receive them I'll post them up here. Tomorrow, well I guess today, we meet our host families.
\excitement
yeah, my keyboard, when switched to Czech, doesn't have a forward slash. Anywhere. I don't even know what backslashes are used with, but I have one.
I will update again and soon once I am at my house. :)


Anna! It is so great to see that you are over there now! I just got your letter- thanks a bunch! And guess what? It is only $0.98 to send an international letter. Guess who will be getting a lot of mail? YOU :) Have a great time and can't wait to see some more of your adventures!
ReplyDeleteLaura
Yay yay yay! This is great news! I am about to update, so get excited ;) haha.
ReplyDelete